AREAS FOR USE
The Luma-Lock system is designed for indoor applications. Regular galvanised systems should not be used in areas that have levels of corrosion or elevated levels of heat or moisture.
For installations that are within corrosive areas consult with Zip-Clip Technical Department.
Example installation into a light fitting:
Select the first leg to be installed and position the toggle approx. 10 mm from the stop-end. Invert the toggle so it is parallel with the wire rope.
Place the stop-end into the selected through hole and then push the toggle into the hole. Repeat the process for the other leg. Once the toggle and stop-end have been installed, the toggle will swing through 90 degrees to span the hole.
Example installation connection with the wire support:
Offer the Luma-Lock up to a pre-installed wire support. Feed on Zip-Clip locking device and pull through the required length of wire and feed through the loop of the Luma-Lock.
Return wire back up into Zip-Clip locking device and when the desired height is achieved, trim wire leaving a minimum 15 cm tail.
- Through-holes must be no bigger than 12 mm diameter.
- For static loads only.
- Ensure toggles are compatible with the through hole.
- Ensure the toggles are located correctly and not over loaded.
- Angle of the span should not exceed 60 degrees.
- If angle exceeds 60 degrees, use Luma-Lock with a larger span.
- Ensure adequate fixing centres are utilised for the intended application.
- Follow industry standards according to application.
- Do not overload.
- Do not go beyond safe working load.