- Pass the wire rope through the Zip-Clip device in the direction of the arrow.
- Loop the wire rope through or around the anchor point.
- Pass the wire rope back through the Zip-Clip allowing 15 cm of wire rope protruding.
- Apply tension.
- Always confirm engagement of the zip clip device on the wire rope by pushing the adjustment pin in the opposite direction of the arrows indicated on the side of the device.
Zip-Clip devices are also available in a lockable version offering a more secured method of wire rope suspension.
- Unscrew the M4 locking nut and bolt until the adjustment pin is pushed back fully.
- Pass one end of the wire rope through the Zip-Clip in the direction of the arrow and draw enough wire rope to go around your fixing point.
- Pass the wire rope back through the Zip-Clip leaving at least 15 cm of wire rope protruding.
- Tighten the M4 locking bolt and nut until the adjustment pin can no longer be moved.
- Always confirm engagement of the Zip-Clip device on the wire rope by pushing the adjustment pin in the opposite direction of the arrows indicated on the side of the device.
SUITABLE AREAS OF USE INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Electrical containment
• Lighting and audio
• HVAC and mechanical services
• Signage and display, screens and partitions
• Acoustic and radiant heat panels
Zip-Clip has five different systems which are allocated a letter to differentiate between the available safe working loads (SWL).
Each system comprises a specific wire rope diameter and is supplied with the required Zip-Clip device.
The Rize system is also available with blackened wire and locking devices – See BLACK SYSTEM for further information.
- Loads indicated are per individual wire rope support when coupled with the appropriate Zip-Clip locking device.
- Third-party test certificates are available upon request.
- All safe working loads and certifications are based on the Zip-Clip Rize devices being used in conjunction with Zip-Clip high tensile wire rope.
- Zip-Clip cannot guarantee the safe working load of a product when used with non-Zip-Clip wire rope and cannot support projects where non-Zip-Clip wire rope has been used.
SAFE WORKING LOADS
- G 15 kg
- S 50 kg
- Y 120 kg
- P 300 kg
- N 500 kg