AREAS FOR USE
The Strut-Lock range is designed for indoor applications. Regular galvanised systems should not be used in areas that have levels of corrosion or elevated levels of heat or moisture.
For installations that are within corrosive areas consult with Zip-Clip Technical Department.
The M8 and M10 Strut-Lock systems are available with the following fixing terminations:
To form a choke knot for wrap-around anchor points such as purlins or I-beams. Ensure anchor points are suitable. Product code suffix: TPDM820LPS or TPDM1020LPY.
M6 CONCRETE HAMMER FIXING:
BS8539 approved with ETA, offering shallow embedment into cracked and non-cracked concrete. Ensure base material is suitable. Contact Zip-Clip for installation details. Product code suffix: TPDM820CS or TPDM1020CY.
M8 × 60 Eye bolt:
To couple with female threaded components (metric only). Ensure components are compatible to complete the installation. Product code suffix: TPDM820THS or TPDM1020THY.
Other fixing options are available on request.
Locating a Strut-Lock device into channel – building a single-tier trapeze bracket:
- Couple with square washer and channel nut.
- Position assembly into desired channel location.
- Tighten into position using an appropriate spanner, turning clockwise.
- Back off the locking collar. Do not undo fully. Depress plunger.
- Insert wire rope through the plunger at the top of the device.
- Adjust the position by depressing the plunger and moving along the wire.
- Once the trapeze bracket is in position, release the plunger and wind the locking collar up to the shoulder.
- Lock the trapeze position by turning the locking collar clockwise.
Repeat steps 1 – 8 to build a multi-tier bracket.
Torque setting: It is recommended that the Strut-Lock device is not over-tightened during installation. If it is possible to apply a torque value during installation, this should be no more than 15 Nm.
- Undo locking collar.
- Depress plunger.
- Reposition device to the required height.
- Re-lock collar.
Load should always be supported before actuating the plunger and performing adjustment