AREAS FOR USE
The standard Uni-Lock range is designed for indoor applications. Regular galvanised systems should not be used in areas that have levels of corrosion or elevated levels of heat or moisture.
For installations that are within corrosive areas consult with Zip-Clip Technical Department.
- The first step in the installation process is to attach the wire support by anchoring the 90° bracket.
- The second step in the installation process is to install the Zip-Clip locking device and connect to the intended application.
Attaching the 90° bracket to the wooden base material:
- Drill a pilot hole into the base material suitable for the chosen fixing ensuring the correct depth and diameter.
- Couple bracket with a suitable wood screw (or other fixing) and washer.
- Offer bracket and screw up to the pre-drilled hole and tighten screw to clamp bracket in place.
Installing the Zip-Clip locking device:
Once the 90° bracket has been installed, a Zip-Clip locking device can be used to attach the wire to the service.
- Pass the wire rope through the Zip-Clip device in the direction of the arrow.
- Pass wire rope through or around your required fixture/application and back through the Zip-Clip leaving 15 cm of wire protruding.
- Confirm engagement of the Zip-Clip on the wire by pushing the pin in the opposite direction to the arrows indicated.